Poof, another year gone!

Poof, where did that go?  It's true that the older you get the faster time passes.  Or perhaps "time flies when you're havin' fun."  Whatever is the case for you I hope the scenario is a happy one :)  This year I turned, wait a minute, what year IS this anyway?  Thought for a second I was gonna....

It's 2013, I can't believe it.  Just as I'm sure many of you can't.  It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all concerned about the big Y2K disaster!  It's amazes me how technology progresses. In 2000  I had a honkin' big cell phone that today looks like it came from the 70's.  Todays' technology has to be "thin,"  no surprise there! Thin is what's in, thin cell phones, thin notebooks, thin laptops and thin pocket books after all the bills come in!

Speaking of thin, how many of you have made those crazy New Year's resolutions to become a new thin you in 2013?  Not me, but I have resolved to eat better and get more active. If the weight comes off, bonus!!  I just wish that I could say "poof, where did those pounds go?"

Anyway, 2012 has been an interesting year in our household. Two girls that just aren't girls anymore! They have become beautiful young women with university degrees and agendas all their own. Can you tell I am a very proud mother?  But my role as mother is changing and to tell you the truth it's a tough one to figure out.  At this point I am quite sure I need my kids more than they need me. But thanks to a little cocker spaniel named Molly there is always someone around to talk to, feed and pick up after!! Who is also willing to cuddle :)

Last but not least, the pottery studio has seen it's share of fun AND disasters in 2012!! The small one bedroom studio has become a bit crowded with shelving, glazes, books and clay templates in different stages of progression. Some time was needed to dig through the clutter and get rid of some wheel- thrown mishaps to start fresh.  Hopefully with the gained experience of 2012, there will be less disasters and more fun happening in 2013. I will continue to share some photos of the things I am currently working on and for those interested, I am hoping to open up on on-line store shortly. Stay tuned and have a great year!









No comments:

Post a Comment