Another kiln load. The good, the bad and the ugly!

I guess I shouldn't have counted on last minute firings going exactly as planned. Plan: 3 firings in 3 days. Reality: 1 firing gone wrong, 2 others may not happen.

Last night I went to bed after an exhausting day with a glaze firing in the kiln. At 2 am everything was on schedule but this morning my kiln display said "err1". Not a good thing. This means my kiln never fired up to the desired temperature and now I am waiting for it to cool down so I can see what the problem is. Just hoping that it can be corrected in the next day so I can fire those last items that have been just sitting waiting to be fired for awhile now. If not, I will have to find a place to glaze some of my work, by tomorrow!!

Pottery requires a lot of patience!!! It also requires a great deal of experiences that test your dedication! This latest firing has been one of them!!!!  I have heard "practice makes perfect".  I have to practice patience. And I am quite sure I will be having many more opportunities to do so :)

Here are a couple of pictures of what is and what should be!! The good, the bad and boy is that ugly!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment