One Great Morning!!!

This morning I woke with a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach.  You see, I have been having trouble with my glazes. Pottery without glaze is just of no use whatsoever!! I have been waiting for the opening of a gas kiln at the arts centre here in Orleans and I loaded up my own kiln yesterday with the expectations of opening it this morning. I cracked open my kiln this morning just enough to cool it down a bit and had a peek. I was happy with the small bit I did see BUT I had to wait. For those of you who don't know, if you open the kiln when it is still a bit too hot then things start to break. Not good when you have invested alot of time, clay and energy. Here are my results from my kiln load.





The next few pictures are of the pieces I had glazed in a gas kiln at the Shenkman Arts Centre.  I can't wait until they fire up again. I was so pleased with this firing!! It is exciting to try something new. The oxygen in the kiln is reduced over a period of 12 hours, thanks to Isaac who was there the whole day to fuss with the controls. The glazes come out entirely a different colour and some with much more depth.  Here are the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment