Ottawa Guild of Potters Spring Sale and Exhibtion

It's just one week to the spring sale and exhibition at the Shenkman Arts Centre here in Orleans/east Ottawa. I have been busy throwing, carving and glazing pottery. This time last year I was totally finished! I even had pricing done and boxes packed ready to transport to the sale venue. Wow, right now I can't believe it!! Quite the opposite is my reality today.

I have been working towards the show, although some of my product has also been sent to the Craft Council Shop in St. John's and The Galleria Inglewood in Calgary. Slowly but surely I have been accumulating pieces for the sale.  I have also been fiddling with some new designs. I guess I never realized that the creative process gets suspended for a bit when preparing for sales. So I have figured out that when there are no sales in the immediate future it's time to try out new techniques and designs. I guess after the sale is over AND after a little break I will be getting the artistic juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment